Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shocked.

After interviewing a rape victim of a virginia campus, I was shocked to hear that the campus safety on her campus didn't know how to handle the situation. She told me that they were so flustered and made her feel like she was lying about the whole thing or had egged on the individuals who attacked her as if she were "asking for it". No woman asks to be man handled unwillingly. No woman asks to seen her life flash before her eyes as she is being forced to do things she begs to not do. What shocked me the most was when she explained to me how they turned her case over to the local police station and even after the rape test coming back positive, the police department also seemed very carefree. Which is ridiculous. How are people supposed to feel safe when the security and police force don't care? Amazing. Simply amazing. This is going to astonish people. Trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Dani, it would be helpful if you could give us a little more info here. I don't feel like I know enough to be shocked or amazed. Blog posts are often used as a teaser to attract readers to an article, but this is just too vague.

    Also, what other social media did you connect your blog to? Recall that you had to connect it with one other service, like Twitter or Facebook.

    ReplyDelete